I'm here to help! I can provide support either in person or remotely. Please call or contact me for details.
Actions to take:
- Log into your email providers website and change your password
- If you have it, choose the option to signout from everywhere that you were previously signed in.
- Check your contacts haven’t been deleted. Download a backup.
- Make sure email forwarding has not been enabled.
- Get in touch with your contacts to reassure them you’re back in control. If anyone has reported receiving ‘odd’ emails consider contacting everyone suggesting they don’t open and instead, delete them.
- Consider how you can reassure them it’s you! Text them, speak to them or email them with a message that only you would send.
- Establish what you can do to prevent it happening again. Set recovery options for your account. (These often include saving your mobile number so you can be sent a code by text to recover your account). Read my blog post on how to improve your web security.
If you’re having trouble and would like help please Contact Me